Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The greatest story ever told

Aiden is quite the story teller. His imagination knows no bounds and thinks up the story faster than his mouth can tell it.

It is a 20 minute drive to my moms house from my door to hers. Aiden began his story as I was strapping him in to his car seat in our driveway. A story so rich with his own creativity that it would have made George Orwell, or Dr. Seuss for that matter, shake their heads in wonderment.

He talked non-stop about the story that was unfolding in his head. My attention to the details of the story came and went throughout the drive. I heard chatter of a five Decker bus and the man who owned it (he traded all his Pokemon cards for it), bad guys who came to earth in a shiny ship shaped like a diamond who were trying to steal the bus, thunder clouds that shot out fire balls and guns that sent out blue lasers that stung like wasps. 20 minutes later as we pulled into my moms driveway I heard these words:

….and he kicked him in the wiener…

Uhhhhh…what was that honey? Who kicked who in the wiener?

The guy who stole the five Decker bus kicked the owner in the wiener to steal the bus.

That’s kinda harsh isn’t it?

Well, n-o-o-o-o-o mom, because the stingray gun was kicked out of his hand and his hands were chopped off from the blue lasers so he had to kick him in the wiener to steal it.

Makes sense.

1 comment:

Gill said...

I am dyin ovah here!!!! That kid is so hilarious.
I'm still going to be laughing about this at work tomorrow.

It's my phrase of the week now, "kicked him in the weiner".

I'm going to "kick it in the weiner" (tackle it)

Ah just "kick it in the weiner!" (give it your best shot)

Lets "kick it" with some "weiners" (lets have hot dogs for lunch)

See where I'm going with this?
Love to you all!! funny people. xo