Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A love letter to my husband

Remember a year ago when you told me you were applying to volunteer at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver? My response was to laugh and say "go ahead and apply but there was no way in hell you were going and leaving me and the kids that long so you could get the idea out of your head." Remember when you told me that you were going on the interview? I said, "whatever, but there was still no way in hell you are leaving me for that long."

Then do you remember when you were notified that you had got the job and I said, "forget it, there was no way in hell that you were leaving?"

What I really meant to say is how lucky you are that you get to take part in a little piece of our country’s history. How proud I am of you that you took that first step towards being involved with an event that you truly love. What I really meant to say was that I hope you have a hell of a time, take lots of pictures and I can't wait to hear the stories of your adventure.

What I really meant to say was that I love you and that I will miss you terribly but am very, very happy for you.

Be safe.
xo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you baby! You have no idea how those words take so much weight and worry from my shoulders.

At the end of it all, I wouldn't be going if I didn't have your support and love. A million thank yous!

Next stop....Varadero :)

Lisa said...

yeah...you better recognize!!!

hee hee

xo