Thursday, May 15, 2008

All good things come to those who wait - BITE ME!!

Ok, I have been patient. I am excited and anxious to meet this little person, who is invading so much space in my belly. I have had the ultimate pleasure of putting all my energy into my son and myself this past week, which I have thoroughly enjoyed, BUT I am now 8 days overdue with a baby who is quickly running out of room and I am so, so very tired of swollen feet, heartburn, nausea and watching Dr.Phil. My patience is quickly depleting. Every overdue woman should come with warning labels. Mine would read: "CAUTION - Contents Under extreme Emotional Pressure"

I was at the hospital yesterday and my OB/GYN was on call. He did everything he could to get me admitted and induced but alas, it wasn't meant to be. A couple of nurses had called in sick and they were short staffed. How weird to think my baby's birthday was determined by 2 weak people who couldn't get their asses out of bed, suck it up and get to work! (I am pretty sure the sunny, warm day of 26 degrees had NOTHING to do with their...cough, cough...illnesses) Do you detect the bitterness and sarcasm???

Everyone from my neighbour to the clerk at the grocery store keep telling me how I should enjoy these last few days being pregnant and every time I hear it I want to stab them with a pencil. I have, I truly, truly have enjoyed this past week and a half. I love each kick and movement, I love knowing I am completely responsible for the health and safety of my baby, I love knowing how happy and comfortable he/she is, but seriously kid, GET OUT!!!

2 comments:

Campy said...

Hang in there sista!! But I agree...kid it's time to vacat the bio-premises

Gill said...

Oh God do I agree. When the time comes, you are practically ready to take it out yourself, if you are anything like me. Sheesh! Some kids are way too cosy in there.
She'll come out soon.
I have money on a girl!
And she'll be eight pounds three ounces!
And she'll be born May 20, 2008. And you will call her, Gillian.
Kidding about that last one.
xoxo