Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday thoughts

One of the most intensely horrifying and haunting books I have ever read is coming to the big screen. The Road by Cormac McCarthy left me feeling such desperation and loneliness that there were times I wished I hadn't started reading it. And yet I could not put it down. I don't know how I feel watching it come to life in a movie and only hope Hollywood does not screw this one up. Not even sure I would recommend it to anyone...I found the book that disturbing.

I have also discovered a scent of body lotions and creams from Bath and Body Works that is divine....called Japanese Cherry Blossom. Delish! I could eat it out of the jar it smells that good!

We tried to set up my beautiful single friend last night to a very nice handsome single neighbour. The evening was fun but the connection, sadly, did not happen. She's just too friggin' picky! She's a lot of fun though and after many rum and coke concoctions she mixed I find myself a little hung this morning.

I am more interested in what's happening politically south of the border than I am here in Canada. I don't even know the platforms of all the candidates. I will eventually get around to reading about it so I can make an informed decision on October 14, just not today. I would rather not think too much at the moment.

I love Tim Hortons coffee, my family and friends and lazy, rainy Sundays.

2 comments:

Campy said...

SIsta...good news on The Road...small director bought rights WAY before the book was popular. So small production company did it . Thank god. Hopefully it's good. It has VIGGO so what more could you want.

Gill said...

Sunday's rock.
They just rock.

Canadian election. If you want the Coles notes version Lisa go to CBC's website, it breaks it down for you very well there. The five parties, who heads them, and what their platform is.
Then you can tune it all out like the rest of us.

LOL!!!
Yes, new body lotions are the best.
xoxo