Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lest We Forget


Canadian Tomb of the Unknown Soldier - Ottawa,ON

I do not know the fear that must have been overwhelming at times. I do not know the horror that your eyes saw. I do not know the hunger and cold that chilled you to the bone. I do not know the grief you felt at losing your comrades and friends. I do not know the sadness you felt when you received letters and pictures of those you loved, missing them so. I do not know the loneliness that resonated to your very core.

I do know that my freedom did not come free, that a huge price was paid for it. I do know that your courage, bravery and willingness to fight gave me my freedom and my children their freedom. I do know that I live in the greatest country in the world and my right to live, pray, vote, and choose was given to me because of your dedication and sacrifice. I know that my children will know and that we will never forget.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

Gill said...

Yes.
Amen my friend.ox