Wednesday, March 26, 2008

To sell or not to sell....

That is the question...The answer is: SELL!! After much thought and debate the old man and I have decided to go ahead and sell our 2 bedroom house and upgrade to one with 3 bedrooms to accommodate our growing family.

It took a lot of convincing but I have finally relented. The Husband has a lot of good arguments and I now agree with him. (He comes from a line of very convincing relatives and they all have a way of swaying you to their side).


So, in preparation of getting our house on the market, I have been purging a lot of stuff that I have in storage in each closet, cupboard and box in our house. Each thing I came across I became very aware of the fact that I am a pack rat, much like my dad I hold emotional attachment to things. I had a huge box FULL of all the art that my son has done since he was 11 months old. That is when he started going to daycare and art was a big part of his day, still is 4 years later actually. Anyway, I found a piece of paper with 1 line made with a green crayon...then there was a another piece of paper with 1 smiley face sticker on it. I smiled and then said goodbye to it as I tossed it in the huge pile I had going for recycling. No tears shed or hemming and hawing over what I should keep and what I should throw away. My husband was very proud of me. Had my dad been with me he would have said "Why would you want to throw that away?"

So, that's that. The decision made and I feel ok about it...for now. Come moving day I am sure I will be a mess. I will have to say goodbye to the first home my hubby and I have ever owned, my garden that I stressed over for 5 years, the place that we brought our first born home, where he learned to walk and talk, the corner of his room where I rocked him to sleep; the marks on the door frame where I've measured him (he is growing so fast!). It will most likely be the place we call home when our 2nd child is born. We will have to say goodbye to the aunt who lives right next door and has been a god send on several occassions, our deck that we are so proud of and a great place to hang out on a warm summers night with drinks and friends....or just drinks.

Every inch of that house, inside and out, holds a memory for me and the vast majority of them are wonderful. But I do know that there will be another house with even more rooms to make wonderful memories in.

The crazy plant lady neighbour we have certainly won't be disappointed to see us go....but that is another story about a dog, a fence and a couple of ass faces.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The old man???

You're right...love the last line!
Damn peanut butter dog.