Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Misunderstood like the wind

I think Starbucks is a very pretentious place and their coffee and food are overpriced. However, they do have extremely delicious lattes that I indulge in when I get the urge. Because I don't frequent this establishment often I am not very efficient using their latte lingo when ordering. I'm a simple girl so when I order it I ask for a medium size. Most employees just get me my latte. Yesterday it was a bit of a challenge.

Me: Can I have a medium Chai Tea Latte please

Barista: You mean Grande?

Me: Is that your medium size?

Barista: No....it's our grande.

Me: Grande as in large?

Barista: Noooo, grande as in grande

Me: OK....well if that's your size between small and large I will take that one.

Barista: Umm....I'm not sure. Let me go ask.

Guy behind me with a loud clucking noise: Yes, the Grande is the same as a medium.

Barista: OK, that's good to know.

I get my latte and slink out of there while pissed off regulars look at me and are probably wondering how I get by on a day to day basis without knowing that Starbucks grande is in fact a medium. SERIOUSLY??!! Shove it up your arse Barista girl!!!....You know its a medium so just give me a GODDAMN MEDIUM!!!! I would like to say I will never go back but I know I will...damn their delicious lattes!

On a much funnier note...here is a very clever video of an interview with the wind. Love it!

3 comments:

Campy said...

Too bad you don't have a Bridgehead in your hood. Not ONLY is it Fairtrade at Bridgehead but a medium is just that...a medium. that is one FUNNY story sista. I get the same feckin' looks too cause I don't know a Tall, from a short to a pretencious "Grande". It's a feckin' medium!

Gill said...

Oh my god...shove it up your arse...? This Lisa, is priceless.
You make me laugh!
I have given up on two things; coffee from Tim Hortons, and latte's from Starbucks. I make my own from home now. I am saving so much freakin money it's ridiculous. I'm thinking of leasing a new Lexus. I can afford it now.
xoxo

Gill said...

This blog is looking fine missy. Love your new header!!! Keep up the awesomeness.
xoxo
Kisses to Hissing Dragon and Aiden the Man.