Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Marc!

Happy Birthday Marc!
Today my husband, Marc, turns 38. Out of those 38 I have loved him for about 18, that’s almost half his life (and mine)!

If I had to describe Marc in one word it would have to be “incredible’. He excels at anything he does, when he shows a true interest in it, whether it be work, guitar, sports or ski patrolling.

He is a true beer connoisseur, tempting his beer loving taste buds with a new or strange brew from every corner of the world is one of his favourite things to do. One of his many dreams is to open a micro brewery. Not a doubt in my mind that he would excel in that if given the chance.

He is a contented man when his beer glass is full and his Senators are winning, so easy to please.

He loves good wine and good food. He has an open mind when it comes to both.

He has a passion for movies and music. He loves his guitars and although he's only been playing for 1 and 1/2 years he has excelled in that as well. In another life he will likely be a movie critic or a rock star.

He is an excellent cook. There is nothing he’s made in the kitchen that I haven’t loved to eat.

He loves his friends, especially the ones he’s had since his wild and crazy youth. He is like a little kid when the first weekend in August roles around. This is Navan Fair and it is like a mini high school reunion every year. Marc and his friends plan this weekend like it’s a life event.

He loves his family, as most men should. To him family is what is most important in this life and strives to remain as close to them as possible. He has embraced my family as his own and truly loves them too.

He is an incredible father, loving his little boy, who is so much like him, with such passion it amazes me at times. Patient, gentle and kind, taking the time to play with him every day; he hugs and kisses him as often as he can. The words ‘I love you’ slide easily off his tongue when telling it to his baby boy. He feels no shame or embarrassment when doing so, as some fathers would. Yelling it to him down the street some mornings as he walks to the bus stop, not caring who hears. His pride for his son is not something he can contain, nor does he feel he should. I love him more for it.

Marc is the most amazing husband any woman could have, loving, giving, and caring. He is incredibly loyal to me and so dependable that he makes me feel like the luckiest woman on earth every single day.

He is sexy as hell and our time together is never dull. I have not grown tired of kissing this man in the 18 years we’ve been together; he is one of the best. I hope that never changes. He makes me feel loved and beautiful when I am beating myself up over some perceived physical or personality flaw. Loving me despite (or for?) my imperfections.

He is incredibly funny and instantly liked by others when they meet him. He sat across from me on our first official date and made me laugh so much my sides hurt. I instantly knew I had to keep this guy in my life, no one had made me laugh like that before. His humour and his way with words have gotten him out of the most precarious situations.

He wants to make a difference in this world. He is striving to do that through his work and through his son. And he will, remember he excels at everything he does.

I love and appreciate him so much that sometimes it is hard to express that depth in words. I hope he knows it.

Happy birthday my love.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Best....birthday....wish....EVER!

I am who I am because of you. Thank you, and I love you with all my heart.

Gill said...

Wow Lisa congratulations on starting your blog! That is great!!!
What does it mean? The title? Irish, obviously!
Maybe you could do a post about how to say it, and what it means.

Happy Birthday Marc!!! Hopefully you had a great one. Today is Julian's...yes! We are not doing too much though. Cake and presents, you know!

Lisa I read through the other day and I have to say I love your writing. Keep it up!
I will be back for more...! xo
Love Gillian