Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm so tired...

My eyes are burning, my body is slow to move and when anyone speaks to me it sounds like the nasally "mwa-mwa-mwa-mwa" just like all the adults sound in the Charlie Brown cartoons. Thanks to Marissa for wanting to play the soose in my mouth/eye/ear game until almost midnight. The game really is not that cute after 8pm.

The weather outside doesn't make it any better. It is cold. And grey. And it is July. I grew up in Newfoundland where you never put away your winter coat...ever. You could get snow in June and the first frost in August. You think I would be conditioned to this type of weather. But I am not. I want the heat and at this point I would take the humidity. I want to hear people complain about how hot it is. I want to see the sun. I want to slather on layers of sunscreen and swim in Moniques gorgeous, blue, salt water, inground pool. Instead, I am wearing long pants, and shoes that don't allow my pretty painted toes to peak out in fear or losing one to frostbite, and a sweater vest over my shirt...in JULY!!!

So, I'm shaking the tiredness and forgetting the coolness of the outside by listening to some music to get me moving. I was inspired, as usual, when I visit here. Right now I am listening to Paper Planes by MIA. I feel better and not quite as groggy.

I am going to have that 2nd cup of coffee though.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think Global Warming is a conspiracy! I blame God!

Campy said...

Wear sandals anyways SISTA. I am wearing a sweater and coat but refuse to give in to the Shoes. And MIA ROCKS.

Gill said...

Oh the games that cease in cuteness after eight are numerous!
My four year old wonderchild just announced that she is thirsty, "If you don't mind!" and stomped past me after I tucked her in 20 minutes ago.
Well, I nevah!
Julian says forget Global warming, what we have going on here is some Global cooling. LMAO!!!
Kiss the fam for me, loving that song so thanks a bunch! I love it when folks link songs!!! Love you Lisa!!!! xoxo

Lisa said...

Gilly...if you like Paper planes do a search for The Clash Go Straight to Hell....no wondering where MIA got the riff!