Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summertime and the livin's easy

T minus 4 hours until Plante Vacation 2009 begins. In honour of this blessed event I was trying to find some summer songs to listen to and came across some classics like Summer in the City (although this certainly would not apply to O-Town this year) and Summer Breeze. One of my favs by Don Henley and I remember grooving to this one back in the day.

I came across this song by Mungo Jerry (LOVE that name) and although I really like the song, I giggled my ass off watching the video. Get that guy a dentist and a razor!!!

Here are some lyrics from Pinch me by the Barenaked Ladies that reminds me of when I was a kid and the days of summer were long and hot and I am sure I did this on many an occassion. Remember?

It's the perfect time of day
To throw all your cares away
Put the sprinkler on the lawn
And run through with my gym shorts on.
Take a drink right from the hose
And change into some drier clothes
Climb the stairs up to my room
Sleep away the afternoon.


In just a few hours I will be in slow mode and anxiously awaiting a visit to Collingwood, where we will be spending our time on beaches, having picnics and discovering fossils. Marineland is next on the docket and we have one very, very excited 6 year old who is exactly 48 inches and can ride on almost every single ride there. He will have his first roller experience...yikes! We will end it all at a stay in 1000 Islands, we are staying here. Marc and I got married at this very spot 8 years ago. I am also SO hoping I get to see this wonderful, brilliant, gorgeous and wickedly funny girl, my old friend, for a spot of tea on our way home. Keep your fingers crossed!

Happy summer everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I, too am excited and counting down the hours. I'm hoping our boy Aiden doesn't puke on ride numero uno and gets gun-shy the rest of the day! Oh well, he can watch Missy while we ride the 'coasters :)

Smiled when I read those lyrics - those are my fondest summer memories growing up...

Gill said...

Oh you're seein me! Don't even think you're not!!!!
:)
Marc messaged me his cel number, I'll call you tomorrow.
Your vacation sounds like relaxing, happy fun! Gosh I hope Aiden likes the roller coasters. xo

Gill said...

Annnnnd we missed each other.
My new employee is very strict about giving out my number. She is super protective of me!
lol
Oh dear. Sounds as though the hissing dragon wouldn't have wanted to stop anyways!!!
Glad you had a lovely holiday, it was good chatting with you briefly, and I'll be calling you again soon.
Love you, gillian xo